Monday, June 14, 2010

Long Trail Pale Ale

So I saw some Long Trail IPA in the store the other day. Their IPA is pretty good, not as good as Harpoon, though. So I noticed next to it was a regular Pale Ale. That's what I bought, instead. Green label, instead of the yellow for the IPA.

This beer is solid. It's got the floral hoppy flavor one would expect. Not thin-tasting, either. The bitterness of the hops is balanced very well....if you've ever had a serious IPA that just feels like beating the crap out of your tongue, then you know what I mean. The color is a traditional orange-brown with slight yellow around the edges.

So, being a thick beer, you can't just knock 4 or 5 down in one sitting. 2-3, though, are a treat. Doesn't have to be icy cold, but the next level up is good.

My grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment