Friday, June 11, 2010

Beers of Florida

Just a couple different beers while I was in Jacksonville, and nothing local (River City Brewing Company existed there years ago, not sure now)

Land Shark Lager -- I guess the story on this is that Jimmy Buffett owns at least part of it. Anyways, it was very yellow. And a little fizzier than beer really should be. But not hideous. Still, what's the market really? It's just regular old beer. Like another dairy putting out vanilla ice cream. Really? Like yours is any more special than the 20 other brands in the store already? Grade: C

Blue Moon -- I used to like this beer more than I do now. Probably because I had it before it became "cute" to serve it with an orange slice. It's a Belgian white, which is an excuse (a good one, though) to brew extra spices like coriander into the beer. Anyway, I had this one on tap, and it was served warmer than it should have been. I like a sweet beer like this to be pretty chilled, which this was not. Grade: B

No comments:

Post a Comment