Thursday, July 8, 2010

gettin' STOOPID

So, I love it when a brewery tries to tackle a beer with an abundance of hops. It doesn't always taste good (Hop Monster, I'm still talking to you....), but the effort is interesting.

A really good job is done by Lagunitas of California, in an ale they call Hop Stoopid. 102 International Bittering Units. Um, whatever that means, although I suppose I could do some more research there -- especially so that I don't risk thinking of the 102 as one might the points scored in a round of Whose Line Is It Anyway?

The beer is hoppy, but it's sweet. Not so much a malty sweetness, so that's interesting. A good test of the sweetness is after you have a mouthful, give it a swirl in the front lower section of your mouth. Different beers will give you different reactions, and this one's was excellent.

The alcohol level is 8%, so a 22-oz. bottle can do a number on ya easily enough.

My grade: B+

No comments:

Post a Comment